Downtown Tasting Room
March 24, 2019
| 12:30 pm - 6:00 pp
271 W. Hancock Avenue
Athens, GA 30601
Meet the Artist: Ashley Anderson
Presented by the K.A. Artist Shop and Get Artistic, this ticketed workshop, led by Anderson, will cover the basics of creating cyanotypes, Anderson’s medium of choice for his Family Computer: Familiar Interiors exhibition.
Only 20 pre-registered spots will be available for the workshop, available online through Friday, March 22nd (while supplies last).
A couple important notes:
- This workshop will not be able to accommodate walk-ups.
- As this workshop will be held outdoors, it is dependent upon weather conditions. If there is a chance of rain, the event will be rescheduled to Sunday, April 7th.
- Finally, this workshop is not designed for children, though children with direct supervision by an accompanying adult can participate. Children under 18 must pay the full ticket price for the workshop, and tickets cannot be split.
- 12:30: Doors open for pre-registered ticket holders; private walk-through of the exhibition led by the artist
- 1:00: Tasting room opens to general public
- 1:00 – 3:00: Workshop (outdoors)
- 3:00 – 4:00: Meet & greet with the artist
- 6:00: Tasting room closes
Please read the details below before purchasing your ticket online.
- Price: $50/ea
- There will only be 20 pre-registered spots available. Unfortunately, this workshop cannot accommodate walk-ups.
- What’s included in ticket price?: All workshop materials (provided by the K.A. Artist Shop), a private walk-through of the accompanying exhibition with the artist, hands-on instruction led by Ashley Anderson with assistance from the Get Artistic Program Lead (Madeline Bates), one beverage token, snacks, 2 types of prepared negatives to make the cyanotypes (ticket holders must submit one digital portrait image no later than Friday before the event), and up to 4 cyanotypes the participant will create over the course of the workshop.
Rain Check Policy
- 24 hours in advance of the March 24th event, if weather conditions look as if the workshop could not move forward as planned, the workshop will be postponed to Sunday, April 7th (11:00 am – 2:30pm).
- The workshop may be postponed a max of one time.
- If the rescheduled event (April 7th) cannot be presented due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, ticket holders will be refunded and the artist will present a free-to-the-public, meet-and-greet-style demonstration with prepared materials in the tasting room from 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
Ticket Refund Policy
- Ticket holders may receive a full refund if requested in writing no later than 11:59pm, Wednesday prior to the event. After this time, only 50% will be refunded if requested in writing prior to the event start time.
- No-shows will not receive a refund.
- If the workshop must be postponed to April 7 due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, ticket holders will have their spots automatically reserved for them and will not be issued a refund unless requested by 11:59pm, Wednesday prior to the rescheduled event. After this time, only 50% will be refunded if requested in writing prior to the event start time.
- If the workshop is postponed to April 7 and, day-of, it is determined that the workshop cannot be held outdoors as planned due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, all ticket holders will be fully refunded.
- Please note that refunds may take up to 14 days to process.
Ashley Anderson’s Family Computer: Familiar Interiors is currently on view in the tasting room’s CCBC Gallery. All of the exhibited work is for sale at the brewery through the closing date (Sunday, March 24) with a percentage of proceeds benefitting the Get Artistic program. For details on the show, click here.
Want Get Artistic updates sent straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for regular (but not too many) news and reminders about Get Artistic events, exhibitions, calls-for-artists, and other opportunities to get involved.