- This event has passed.
Get Artistic: Painting Bridges
October 24, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Pre-register here to receive a nametag at the event & a digital copy of an artist resource guidebook! Plus, share the event with artists and art lovers on Facebook.
“Painting Bridges” is a free community event curated by Creature Comforts’ fall 2021 Artist-in-Residence Noraa James that aims to connect local emerging, marginalized artists with opportunity connectors and engage in discussion around professional development opportunities and resources.
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM | Live Art sessions, featuring:
- Elle Lewis of Absynia | IG: @absynia
- Abigail West | IG: @abigailweststudio
- Abby Kacen | FB: @keepitweirdart, IG: @mild_pain
- Jaz Mosby | IG: @jchavae
- Broderick Flanigan | FB: @flanigansportraitstudio, IG: @flanigans_portrait_studio
- Kristen “Rise” Joseph | FB: @creationsbyrisequeen, IG: @creationsbyrise
- Beaux Xavier | FB: @bxavierstudios, IG: @bxavierstudios
- Mack J’onzz | IG: @mack.got.moxie Update 10/22: Mack will not be able to attend the event, but please check out his work online and support him!
- 3:00 – 3:30 PM | Intermission featuring a musical performance by Seline Haze
- 3:30 – 4:30 PM | Panel discussion on creating opportunities for marginalized artists moderated by Noraa James, featuring:
- Stephanie Raines: Arts Division Administrator for Athens-Clarke County Leisure Services Department
- Mark Callahan: Creative Director for Ideas for Creative Exploration at the University of Georgia
- Broderick Flanigan: Artist and founder of Helping Art Reach Public Spaces (HARPS) initiative
- Abby Kacen: Artist, founder of Keep It Weird Artist Collective, Vice President for the Athens Area Arts Council, and Development Associate & Visual Art Coordinator at Nuçi’s Space
- Ron Carson: Editor of Highlight Magazine (Athens)
- 5:00 – 6:00 PM | “Bridging Connections”: A facilitated networking hour for Artists and Connectors
Plus, grab a delicious hot meal from Rashe’s Cuisine, on site from 1:00 – 6:00 PM.