CALL FOR VENDORS
Get Artistic Spring Market
Deadline to apply: Sunday, March 15, 2020
UPDATE 3/17/2020: The Get Artistic Spring Market, which was planned as a street market, has been cancelled due to issues with obtaining the special event street closure permit caused by a conflicting major event in Athens on the same day. Unfortunately, we could not shift the market to be on Creature Comforts’ property due to space limitations. Over the last several weeks, other potential market locations were scouted but we were unable to secure a location. We look forward to hosting markets and other events to support our creative community in the future. All application fees will be refunded. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Calling all Georgia-based artists, artisans, and creative makers of all kinds! We are accepting applications to participate in the Get Artistic Spring Market accompanying Creature Comforts’ Six Year Anniversary celebration on Saturday, April 18, 2020. This curated market will take place from 11 AM to 7 PM on the street in front of our downtown Athens tasting room (271 W Hancock Ave, Athens, GA 30606). We will select up to 20 booth vendors and 2 food trucks from the applications. All fees associated with this market will benefit the Get Artistic fund, which provides grants for local artists and arts nonprofits. Please note before applying that the street closure permit is pending city approval, without which the market cannot occur.
Questions about this opportunity may be emailed to [email protected]. General questions about Creature Comforts or the Six Year Anniversary celebration may be sent to [email protected].
Important Dates (2020)
- Tuesday, February 18: Online application opens! Click here to access it and note that applications CANNOT be saved in progress.
- Sunday, March 15: Deadline for vendor applications ($10 nonrefundable fee due online with application)
- Tuesday, March 17: Application status notifications will be sent via email
- Tuesday, March 24: Due date for vendor agreements and booth fee ($60, or $50 for registered nonprofits; online only)
- Tuesday, April 7: Last day for a 50% booth fee refund
- Saturday, April 18: Market takes place 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM (8 hours)
Who should apply to this market?
Any Georgia-based artist, artisan, nonprofit organization, licensed craft food vendor including food trucks (must be permitted to operate in Athens), vintage retailer, musician or music retailer, or other form of creative business are welcome to apply. If you have questions, please email [email protected] prior to applying.
What does it cost to participate in this market?
A nonrefundable fee of $10 is due with application, and a $60 ($50 for registered nonprofit organizations) vendor booth fee is due with the vendor contract. If an accepted vendor is unable to participate after paying the booth fee, the last day for a 50% refund of the fee is Tuesday, April 7, 2020. All fees from this market will be donated to the Get Artistic fund, which provides grants for local artists and arts nonprofits.
Is this market indoors?
No, this will be an outdoor market, rain or shine.
Will this market be on Creature Comforts’ property?
No, this street market will be held directly in front of the brewery on W Hancock Ave. Therefore, the market will be free and accessible to the public. Open containers of alcohol are not permitted on the street. We anticipate approximately 1,500 people will pass through the area throughout open hours. Please note: Creature Comforts has applied to the city of Athens to close a portion of West Hancock Ave (between Pulaski St. and Hull St.) for this community market. The market is contingent on city approval of the street closure. If the request is rejected, the event will be cancelled, and all vendor application fees will be refunded.
Does applying guarantee that I will be in the market?
No, applying does not guarantee selection for the market. Space will be limited to 20 booth vendors and 2 food trucks.
What do I need for the application?
Business contact information, product descriptions, at least one product photo (PDF or PNG preferred), an understanding of all of the Rules and Regulations (listed below), and a $10 application fee (accepted only with online application).
Rules and Regulations
It is important that potential vendors understand the terms of market participation before applying. The following items will be included in the vendor agreement for all invited vendors. If you have questions you would like answered before applying, please email [email protected] and we will do our best to respond within 2 business days.
- Vendors must provide their own 10×10-foot tent AND tent weights, along with any tables and/or other materials or signs required to operate, at the vendor’s own expense.
- Booth sharing between vendors is not permitted.
- One 10×10-foot tent is the vendor’s entire allotment for the duration of this event. Signs and displays cannot extend beyond this allotment, as this may be unsafe and violate the event’s fire code. Creature Comforts reserves the right to deem any signs or displays outside of your 10×10-foot booth area unsafe or inappropriate.
- Vendors must provide their own staff, at the vendor’s own expense, for the duration of the event, including set-up and breakdown. Vendors should plan to maintain adequate staff to ensure organizational flow at the event.
- Vendors are responsible for their own set up and breakdown. This includes but is not limited to tent, tables, tent weights, displays, etc.
- Vendors must arrive at least one hour prior to event start time to set up or they may not be permitted to set up. This event starts at 11am, so vendors must arrive no later than 10am.
- Vendors are expected not to break down early (prior to the 7pm market close). Vendors have 1 hour after the market closes (i.e., until 8pm) to break down their booth and completely load out of their space on the street. However, if you must leave early because of a special circumstance or emergency, please inform a Creature Comforts staff member before breaking down.
- Vendors will be responsible for maintaining their allotted space in a clean and orderly manner throughout the duration of the event. Vendors will also be responsible for all trash removal within their allotment at the close of the event. Trash and recycling bins will be provided in the vicinity. Violators may be subject to a $100 fee.
- Vendors are required by Georgia State Law to pay sales tax on any revenue made from events/markets. Vendors are responsible for claiming income tax. Creature Comforts Brewing Co. does not assist with this.
- Creature Comforts will not provide electricity to vendors. You will not be permitted to run cords or wires from your booth to an outlet. Food trucks must supply their own generators.
- Vendors will have access to bathrooms (on Creature Comforts property) and porta potties (on the street).
- Wi-fi access will not be provided by Creature Comforts Brewing Co.
- Creature Comforts Brewing Co. has the right to use images of your items, logos, signage, and likeness, as well as your name, for promotional purposes.
- A nonrefundable application fee ($10) must be submitted with this vendor application online. This is the only accepted form of payment for this fee.
- If a vendor is accepted, an additional booth fee ($60, or $50 for registered nonprofits) will be due within one week (7 days) of receiving the acceptance email or the vendor’s spot may be offered to someone else. This additional fee can only be paid online through a separate form to be distributed with acceptance notices.
- If a vendor is accepted and finds that they cannot participate in the event after paying the booth fee, vendors may be refunded 50% of the booth fee only if Creature Comforts is notified in writing by Tuesday, April 7, 2020. Otherwise, no refunds will be issued. No-shows will not be issued a refund.
- Event is rain or shine. Vendors are expected to come prepared for the elements. If you feel unsafe setting up in inclement weather, you will not be penalized; however, no refunds will be issued.
- If the event is cancelled due to severe weather, Acts of God or anything outside of Creature Comforts Brewery’s control, refunds will not be issued.
Sign up for the Get Artistic newsletter for regular updates on exhibitions, events, and opportunities!